This is so great
State of Idaho plans to poison up to 4,000 Common Ravens.
Justification: Ravens prey on the eggs of the imperiled Greater Sage-Grouse. Yet of 19 reasons for the grouse’s declining numbers, predation by other wildlife comes in at #12. Providing protected areas and requiring sustainable land management are the most important ways to conserve the grouse, not killing avian predators.
(via: American Bird Conservancy)
It’s really close, please sign guys!
killing one species to ‘protect’ another is a horrible approach to anything. Have people not learned by now? And how many other animals would this inevitably poison? Ones that would also not only ingest the poison, but the poisoned bird carcasses.
What is wrong with people.
Crows and Ravens hold a sacred position in the Mythos of North America, they should be honored and revered not murdered.
SIGN THIS PLEASE
I LOVE RAVENS SO MUCH PLEASE DON’T LET THEM KILL THESE RAVENS
PLEASE take a moment to sign and reblog! Corvids are my absolute favorite bird, they’re so smart and beautiful and absolutely amazing! I can’t believe this would be approved!
Logic: there is none in this.
Do you ever think about how Remus Lupin got on the Hogwarts Express to travel to Hogwarts and fell asleep in a compartment by himself and then woke up to find that James Potter’s son had sat down in the same compartment as him?
because I do
if someone is mean to you, don’t be mean back. talk to them, get to know them, be good friends, find out all the kinds of books/movies/tv series they love
then spoil it
so many tv shows to watch so little time to watch them all
Viking Age Recipes
I WANT TO TRY MAKE MULLED WINE SO BADLY. FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound Of Silence
And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs
That voices never share
And no one dare
Disturb the sound of silence
seriously go vote for laverne cox in this like fuck does a cis man get more attention for a shit portrayal of transwomen than u know, an actual living transwoman
This is not about an actress of color, but please vote against David O. Russell being included in #TIME100. If you are unaware, he admitted to sexually assaulting his transgender niece, and does not deserve any sort of praise or recognition. Reblog to spread the word!
.The subject matter of that second link is obvious from the text, but be advised, it is a very detailed account of physical violation of a type and context that many trans women will have direct experience with. I feel physically ill and very anxious—as one does when one is an unsafe environment—having read it. Proceed with caution.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR POINTING THIS OUT UGH
I WAS UNAWARE OF THIS
PEOPLE SHOULD BE AWARE OF THINGS LIKE THIS
STOP LETTING WHITE GUYS GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING BECAUSE YOU LIKE THEIR MOVIES
New Trailer: ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Season 2 - June 6
The answer is NO.
The “fact” that junk food is cheaper than real food has become a reflexive part of how we explain why so many Americans are overweight, particularly those with lower incomes. I frequently read confident statements like, “when a bag of chips is cheaper than a head of broccoli …” or “it’s more affordable to feed a family of four at McDonald’s than to cook a healthy meal for them at home.”
this bullshit fills me with a very specific kind of rage. so, TIME TO DEBUNK!
- that meal from mcdonalds takes virtually no time to acquire AND is available almost anywhere.
- the second meal? that “salad” is lettuce … with nothing else, not even dressing unless its just olive oil or some milk i guess? gross.
- also thats the price of each serving, not an entire loaf of bread, a bottle of olive oil, etc. that stuff adds up which means you have to have a lot of money at one time to buy it all.
- that meal probably took an hour and a half to make, which is a long fucking time when you work multiple jobs or are caring for a lot of people or dont have help! seriously, if you are a single parent of three who works, is spending an hour and a half every night preparing a meal a likely option?
- same with beans and rice! also, you know whats a fucking bummer? eating beans and rice every night because you are poor. ask any person who has done it and they will tell you (you can start with me).
- there is a “nutrition” argument here that lacks a follow up: poor people are more likely to be doing physical labor and need more than 571 calories per meal.
- you know who is less likely to know how to bake or prepare a chicken? people without access to the internet, or libraries, or who werent taught how to by their parents because their parents worked all the time. access to healthy foods is a classist issue and classism is cyclical, you fucking morons.
- seriously, these sorts of infographics make me want to fucking flip tables. do you know why people don’t eat more fresh fruits and vegetables? because fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive, because they take a long time to prepare, because they dont live near a grocery store that has a decent produce section, because they dont have reliable transportation to get groceries to and from the grocery store, because they dont have the energy to plan all of the shit that is involved in making healthy, intentional, filling, balanced meals. basically: poor people get fucked, and then we get BLAMED for being lazy.
- eating “healthy”, aka access to fresh fruits and vegetables, is a privilege, first, foremost, always. so fuck you new york times and your ignorant goddamn infographic.
- there are SYSTEMATIC REASONS that we do not have equal access to fresh fruits and vegetables. they are very REAL problems. besides, you know, systematic poverty in america, the total mis-distribution of farm subsidies is a perfect place to start. read about that, then either get bent or start working on the actual problem.
Molly Ringwald was supposed to dance alone but she was too embarrassed so John Hughes made everybody dance.
And thank God he did, or we wouldn’t have one of the most iconic sequences of the 80’s and cinema as a whole.
God bless john
this is like the most painful moment in any movie ever